Saturday, July 18, 2009

Finito!

The Kinder quilt is finally finished! I am so happy with it, I'm tempted to buy it myself! Sadly, big daddy has put his foot down so some other lucky bidder at the Trivia Night may walk away with it. I might have to ply him with lots of alcohol to get my way! 


After a lot of deliberation as to how much more work it would be, I decided to free-motion quilt around the kid's drawings. I'm so glad I did. They were looking a bit bereft as I'd ditch quilted (or tried to keep to the ditch as much as I could, anyway!) the pieced log-cabin borders.



Here is Dom's block - he drew himself in a Rainbow t-shirt. He was a rainbow butterfly at the dress-up day last year, so this seems to be a bit of a recurring theme!
I love the back - I had orange in mind for the sashing but when I went to Patchwork House, Kathy and I decided that the stripes made everything pop a bit more so I decided to use this gorgeousness from the Shanghai Edition Collection by art gallery quilts for the back instead. I bound it in a cute green shaded fabric called Chloe by Janet Braxon for P and B Textiles that reminds me of Murano glass beads.

I took it in on Thursday and the kids were major-ly excited to find themselves  on there. I encouraged them to insist forcefully (in a 4 yr old manner) that their parents buy it for them, so no one will be thanking me!


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely quilt and great thing to do for a fundraiser! Shame you didn't get to buy it. LOve the backing and the stripes- they really set it off.
    See you at the Beehive!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to know someone out there is actually reading this!
Go on!! You know you want to...!