Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wool is the new Fabric!

Just to mix things up a bit, I decided to break out of my knitting comfort zone (basically knit and purl, preferably only scarves), and start a couple of classes at The Open Drawer.

Within this beautiful hedgehog case made for me by Tori  (and so much more perfectly finished than I could ever hope to achieve) are.....


....some of my Freeform Knitting / Crochet creations. You use different textured fibres and wool to create small pieces that will be added to each other and embellished with things I am yet to learn how to do, like bullions and spirals and balls.


Don't know about the yellow... might have to be in the next project.
 This is the Flickr website of the mistress of Freeform, Prudence Mapstone to get the gist of what I'm doing. Mine will be a scarf as I think a wall hanging may be slightly to ambitious and I can't see myself toting one of the bags, to be honest!

I'm also rocking some old school Granny Squares at a different course at the same venue



I am not much good at these but I like the colourway I chose based on Red Poppies. 'Twill be a struggle to finish a blanket, methinks, at the rate I crochet the little buggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to know someone out there is actually reading this!
Go on!! You know you want to...!