Monday, May 16, 2011

Control

Hello, my name is Tanya and I am addicted to buying fabric....and cookbooks.

Every time I see some beautiful design or new collection on a blog or in a sewing book (ok, maybe it's all books, not just cookbooks) I buy I immediately have to go online and find it. I put it in my shopping basket and then have the agony of forcing myself to close the browser uttering..." you have enough at the moment....you have enough at the moment!"

I've just made a block for the Beehive sewing bee, for Katrina, in Anna Maria Horner voile. Do you know how many times I have been to Etsy, sourced the designs and solids that I like and then made myself not buy them? Now I've seen them in real life and actually TOUCHED them, I want them even badder!! (excuse the bad English)

I've already bought Donna Hay's new cookbook this morning.



I've been recording "Fast, Fresh, Simple" on the telly and writing (ok, scribbling illegibly) anything that takes my fancy down, which is turning out to be most of her recipes, so I thought it would save a) my hand; b) paper c) myself from insanity when I realize I can't read what I've written and have deleted the programme.

I recorded a Nigella marathon on the weekend....

God help me!

1 comment:

Lovely to know someone out there is actually reading this!
Go on!! You know you want to...!