Friday, October 14, 2011

Must like kids

I like kids. They make me laugh. I used to be a teacher. Most of them like kids!

I love my own kids with a fierceness that is sometimes overwhelming and I am constantly amazed by their uttering and antics. I'm so very proud of whatever little achievement they...well..achieve.

I always feel that I don't spend enough time really playing with them, though. Classic Mother's guilt.

Today, I had the pleasure of witnessing one of my friends, a new friend, playing with my five year old son for an hour or two. They built Lego - the Ninjago he got at his birthday party yesterday. Then he sat on her knee with the iPad and showed her his games. She was right into it with him, on his level. He had an absolute blast!

We were at sewing group, at Sniff's house. Well, it used to be sewing group, but we've diversified into, let's say, an activity group! There are bloggers, laminators and a good bit of sewing goes on too. It's good fun!

It was beautiful to watch. He had the best time, I think, that he's ever had there. I go there to sew and chat to the girls. I have a great time every time I go. He doesn't mind it, but I always fob off his attempts to join in the sewing. In fact, I pretty much expect him to entertain himself. We all chat to him, suggest activities. But this week he was the centre of someone's attention! And Tori bought chocolate!

I'm going to get some hessian this week, a big blunt needle, some wool and buttons. I'm going to let him sit beside us and sew too if he wants to.

Thanks, lovely Kath! You made his day, and mine too. It was so kind of you to take the time to connect with him on his level for all that time. Looking forward to the big Halloween/ birthday celebrations including aforementioned Lego, with your young Lego master. Oh, and there may be a few drinks involved too!!

2 comments:

  1. They say "It Takes A Whole Village To Raise A Child" - Spent time in the village today and I love it too - Love Ya All - And you know who you are Xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed it also. he is such a great little man

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to know someone out there is actually reading this!
Go on!! You know you want to...!